How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because some day in life you will have been all of these.~~ George Washington Carver
Compassion was part of my daily meditations today. We are on this journey of lent, and I love the introspection it leads me into. I’m striving towards giving up old habits of judgement and criticism and spending more time in my faith……and compassion. I’m always a work in progress.
My Friday five is a rather random list of things I’m thankful for and proud of:
1. Today was Tap Day for National Honor Society, and I am the proud mom of two soon to be new members……way to work hard and persevere Caitie and Adrienne~! We are so proud of you!
2. Volunteering, I was able to be out and about 4 days this week……I enjoyed every minute.
3. Friends that amaze you with their ability to comfort and support. Mary and Kevin and Mike and Doreen, thanks you know how hard things have been, and your words meant so much.
4. My husband is the bomb, and he found a real arborist to take care of our tree needs….yay!
5. Sunshine, I just adore FL in winter……..it beats anything else.