I have had an extremely busy week! I’ve been volunteering, chauffeuring, cheering, cooking, cleaning,praying, and supporting.
In Nick’s school(our Catholic parish school) each family has to volunteer X amount of time each year, and we log them etc. If you choose not to volunteer you pay, and for many families that is feasible but not for mine really. I’ve been behind so now I’m working hard to get it all in, clinic hours, lunch $$ hours, anything I can think of hours……lol, many friend have an overage and have offered to give me a few if needed but I’ve felt good being involved and active there again.
3 HS softball games this week, won 1, lost 2, Adrienne played some, but not all, she is still struggling with the politics of HS sports….ugh.
Sometimes I wish I were a little kid again, skinned knees are easier to fix than broken hearts. ~Author Unknown
The most supportive role I played was that of loving mom as Caitie suffered this week when her boyfriend of the past 18 months broke up with her. Talk about a tough one, it was hard. At 15 a relationship of this length is major, earth shattering and devastating. She cried non stop Tuesday and much of Wednesday. Yesterday she seemed a bit more adjusted and like herself. I believe she still wants to love him, but maybe she will get angry at how he hurt her and she will move on faster. Her friends rallied around her, and have given her the best support I could imagine, they are keeping her busy this weekend and aren’t giving her anytime to feel sad…….she is so lucky in that sense.
I’m so thankful for:
1. My friends, who kept reminding me I was once 15 and played sad songs over and over again when my bf broke up with me……perspective is good.
2. Sunshine, we had a lot of it this week…….makes me feel alive.
3. Good medicine, a friend of mine’s husband has a brain tumor and they did gamma knife radiation on him this week, he is blessed to be healing and they expect a full recovery!
4. My niece, she is 23 and was so supportive to my Cait this week, I love her to pieces.
5. Life, for the ups and downs and the things that make me question and wonder and pray, I’m so thankful I have it.