Yay, it’s Friday! I’m doing something very exciting and a bit outside of my box today. Yesterday I received a phone call from another volunteer at the high school. The Junior class is going on a field trip and they are suddenly short on chaperons. Since I’m a volunteer who is background checked, she asked if I’d like to go…………I hesitated, hmmmm not sure. Carrie assured me she is going and that we will have fun, hmmmmmm. I asked..” do we have to ride the bus?”, the answer was yes, hmmmmm, I admit I screamed out SH__!!! I apologized for my reaction as Carrie was cracking up and then told me she had the same first reaction. I’ve since been assured busses do have A/C, I mean come on folks, I do live in Florida!
So I’m in…….I’m going on a bus tomorrow morning.
The fun part is our destination. We are going to a Performing Arts Center to see the musical 1776! I’ve not seen it and I’ve heard it’s great. Our district pays for each high school junior to attend a show each spring.
Friday Five is for remembering what I’m thankful for:
1. Friends who drag me along for the ride.
2. My children who make me laugh and make me think and on occasion make me want to pull my hair out, but in the end…………I love them so.
3. My time to volunteer, and read and blog and find new blogs that amaze and enlighten me.
4. My sister, I need to blog about her, she is amazing!
5. My faith……..it grows daily, through my search and my friends, that continue to bring me closer to God.
I have to tell you, blogging takes time, but I’m so inspired to cook better, and to decorate, oh my goodness, do you know how many creative people there are out there?? I also want to write well, express myself more clearly, and to share what is inside of my busy head.
Here’s to the weekend ladies(and gentleman if any of them find and read me)………..I think a glass of wine or drink is in order.