This day brings so many thanks for the week that has passed, and for the summer that is officially beginning for all the kids today.
1. I’m so thankful for the end to another school year. At noon today, my son Nick will complete 5th grade, how can it be that he will be in 6th grade this fall? (well August 17, but you know). Nick’s had a great year, so in this item, I am thankful for his teacher, his classmates, the specials teachers and all of those involved with his education.
2. I’m thankful that I can still pick up the phone and call my dad and mom and just chat. I had one of those talks Thursday with my dad. He chuckles when I complain about the girls, he wants to know the latest funny story involving Nick, because there always is one, he wants to talk politics and then he wants to tell me about how hard he is working with his PT and how well he is doing. I love my dad.
3. I’m thankful for a husband who works so hard for us and still comes home and sees how tired I am(and why, who knows) and offers to take Adrienne to softball practice. What a compassionate man I married.
4. I’m thankful that I am finding real pleasure in blogging and writing and reading, and well hey, writing about reading. I’m a novice, a hack, a completely un- finessed writer, but I enjoy it so. Thank you for taking your precious time to drop by to see what I have to say, and sharing a comment or two, and to each of you for giving me much better written blogs to read…LOL.
5. I’m thankful for the ability to be at home and enjoy the summer with my children. Isn’t it funny, no matter how old they are, they are still our children, our kids etc? Even my own parents don’t refer to my siblings and I as their off spring, we are their children, each of us at ages 49-61, isn’t that funny? The point is, I have this wonderful opportunity to be home, to share the days and the freedom that is summer with them………….I can’t wait………sleeping past 6:30 is just around the corner!!!
Take a look around and share what you are thankful for with me. Blog about it or just comment here.