I’ve been feeling a bit too busy with kids sports, school, money going out too fast and trying to put a halt to that.
It’s not that I’m not happy or without blessings, I really do have so many, but I need to take more time to remember them.
So here we got……….trying to be thankful, and recall my blessings, and the things that went well this week!
1. The first month of school is done! My girls have been driving for one month, and all is going well. Nick is learning he actually has to work now, 6th grade is considered middle school in his school and the work load has changed, and he is rising to the occasion. He’s very bright, and hasn’t had to study or work very hard in the past………….but he’s doing well.
2. Last week we found a homecoming dress for Caitie and it was very reasonably priced! It’s cute, zebra print bodice, hot pink sash, black bottom. She wants hot pink shoes to go with it. She told her boyfriend he needs a hot pink tie………..it’s going to be cute!(Adrienne doesn’t think she wants to go, and that’s fine, if she changes her mind, she has a dress we found last year at a bargain price and she can wear it.)
3. Nick is playing week 4 in his football schedule, and they haven’t won a game yet and have only scored one touchdown………….so why am I thankful you ask………..because his attitude is so good! He loves it, and he’s darn cute in those pads isn’t he?
4. It was a return to my Prayer Group this week, and while I’ve missed it so, there was a discussion of politics that gave me pause, and I’m hoping we can get back to our original intent, praying for our school, deepening our faith and supporting each other. Let’s just say my liberal democratic view was not shared my many in my Catholic group, and the discussion was civil, but I felt like the odd man out. It was still good to sit for that hour and be with my friends.
5. I’ve been doing more reading in the past month, and I have two book reviews I need to write and a third I hope to finish this week. I’m think I’m going to blog a series of posts about friendship and women, it’s a topic with great depth and one that touches most of us………and I’ve certainly seen the ups and downs the good and bad, and watching my daughters has made me recall my teen girl friends too…………..and how those relationships grow………or falter.
Have a great weekend…………I’m off to Clearwater to watch Adrienne play softball!! Kevin will hold the fort down with the other two……….sports, parties, and more! Never a dull moment around here.