Weekend Cooking: Reece’s Crumble
My sister in law had these when I went to Atlanta, she said she got the recipe from a daily email from Reece’s!! A dangerous daily email! She sent me this recipe and I made them last week…a huge hit. Served warm they are all ooey gooey, and with vanilla ice cream even better. Cooled they are still excellent.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Buttery oat bars filled with melted chocolate and peanut butter cups. Mmmm, dessert is served.
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter, Melted and cooled
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Quick Oats
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 1/4 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 Cup Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees with the rack in the middle position. Grease an 8×8″ baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the butter, sugars, salt, flour, oats and baking soda. Mix well until all ingredients are combined and slightly moistened.
- Press half of the crumb mixture into the baking dish. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the crumb mixture is beginning to get browned. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the chocolate chips and then the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Sprinkle with the remaining crumb mixture and place back in the oven for another 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before slicing in order for the bars to hold together. Enjoy!
- Photo Courtesy of ohsweetbasil.com
- Weekend Cooking is hosted by Beth Fish Reads and is open to anyone who has any kind of food-related post to share: Book (novel, nonfiction) reviews, cookbook reviews, movie reviews, recipes, random thoughts, gadgets, fabulous quotations, photographs. If your post is even vaguely foodie, feel free to grab the button and link up anytime over the weekend.